Learn to Start Blogging – It’s easier than you think. If you’ve been toying with the idea of starting a blog to earn money either full time or on the side, then you’ve come to the right place. It doesn’t matter how old you are or what experience you’ve had with blogging the truth is that anyone can learn how to blog successfully. You can publish your blog in a matter of minutes. Within a week you can produce some high-quality content. Within a month or two you can earn your first affiliate sale. My point is that realistically it shouldn’t take you years to learn how to blog. But it’s not all sunshine and roses.
In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you)
Start Blogging: The Truth
As exciting as it sounds blogging takes hard work and patience. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. You must be willing to roll with the punches and put in the time. You should approach your blog as a business and be ready to spend some money on your business, i.e., domain name, hosting, etc. Rather than giving up even if you feel like you are failing, remember that the secret to successful blogging is never to quit.
As readers of this blog, we offer a FREE VIDEO TRAINING COURSE by Wealthy Affiliate for blogging beginners. At the end of the course, you will start blogging with content and affiliate links ready to earn money online.
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- Learn to start a blog: Choosing a niche that makes money.
- How to build your niche blog.
- How to set up your website.
- Getting your site ready for search engines.
- How to create initial website content.
- How to create custom menus on your website.
- Start blogging: Understanding keywords.
- Understanding how to make money online.
Certainly Sounds Good, But How Will I Earn Money?
Before starting, ask yourself “Wher will the money come from?” Before you can even start thinking about making payment, you will need three things.
- Learn to start A Blog and a Website
Only when you have these three things successfully set up can you start blogging with either affiliate marketing, selling your product (i.e., ebook, course, webinar, training) or selling advertising space.
You might be wondering how to get traffic to your website? It all starts with a Niche Blog.
Learn To Start a Blog – What is a Niche Blog?
A niche is a unique audience. Your audience wants a problem solved. For example, travel is not a niche since it’s too broad. You have millions of people interested in traveling, but if you decided that your niche was Train Travel in Europe, you would be talking to a distinctive audience that would be interested in your information.
Writing about How to travel by train from London to Istanbul with affiliate links would interest many in your niche audience. Choose a niche that you are interested in or that is your passion. If you don’t know a lot about the subject, then be prepared to become an expert in it. A basic when you learn to start blogging is understanding that traffic comes from people wanting to solve their problems, and if you can help them, then they will come to your blog. The most important thing in starting out blogging is coming up with a profitable niche.
We use WordPress and suggest you choose this as your blogging platform since thousands of bloggers swear by it. It means that if you need any help with WordPress, there are hundreds of free resources you can find on Google. WordPress is reliable and very easy to use. Of course, you are free to use whatever you choose.
How to Write Quality Content
As mentioned earlier you have to either be an expert in your niche or be willing to become one fast. Writing quality content can easily be achieved if you know your subject. People know lies or when you are publishing fluff. When you start blogging you need to find out what people want to know about your niche and answer their questions. Then research these and write a clear article about it. If you repeat this and do it consistently, you will build an audience that will trust you. They are the ones that will eventually buy things you suggest allowing you to earn from your affiliate links or your product. It’s essential to have a blogging schedule where you publish at the same time every week.
How Can I Get Traffic to My Blog
There are many ways to get traffic to your blog.
- Social Media – Post to your social media channels to inform your followers you have new content on your blog.
- Pinterest – Our number one traffic generator! Create pins for every article that you write and pin it to your boards on Pinterest. If you are new to Pinterest, read our article How to Set Up a Pinterest Account. Pinterest is a potent tool that every blogger should be using, and it’s free.
- Supercharge your Pinterest with Tailwind – If you are not familiar with Tailwind then read our article How to Use Tailwind for Pinterest To Explode Your Traffic.
- Long Tail Keywords – Creating articles around long tail keywords people are searching on Google and that not many bloggers are writing about is pure genius. Once Google crawl’s your article, it will come up in the search result when people search for your long tail keyword. It is called organic traffic, and it’s free traffic, so it’s important to include this in your blogging content strategy. The FREE VIDEO TRAINING COURSE by Wealthy Affiliate covers this in training.
- Facebook Groups – Find and join facebook groups that are within your niche. Remember that Facebook is a social platform and should not be used to promote your content only. Be active by commenting and answering questions on these groups. Follow the group rules to ensure you don’t get banned.
- Use Facebook Ads to boost your post – We don’t recommend using this method when you are starting out. It’s better to build your blog with organic traffic in mind. Later when you are more experienced, you can opt for this method.
Blogging success can is achievable by anyone who is willing to learn. The FREE VIDEO TRAINING COURSE consists of 10 lessons that you can complete in your own time. It will walk you through the steps of creating a successful online business that generates revenue. At the end of each lesson, you will have tasks to complete that allows you to put into practice what you have learned. Don’t Delay, Sign up Today.